Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Thought a Day

February is just around the corner, which means the holiday of hearts is about to make its annual appearance. This year I thought I'd do something a little special, since I've recently graduated college and have a lot more free time on my hands. And since Clark will likely take on the strenuous task of planning a special Valentine's date, I thought I might ease his stress by making him feel special every day until Valentine's Day (not that I'm saying my efforts are equal to what he'll be doing. Planning dates is way harder than writing notes). The hubster's love language is gifts, so I thought his daily special could involve a little something with a note attached. So much love, right? 

Here's what I did:

Step 1: Buy stuff.


For those curious about what I bought, here's my list.
  1. Swedish Fish (his favorite candy) to start the month off
  2. Beef jerky
  3. Pistachios
  4. Trail mix
  5. Chocolate pretzels
  6. Mexican soda
  7. White cheddar popcorn seasoning
  8. Mini deodorant
  9. Reese's Pieces
  10. Gum
  11. Popcorn
  12. Hershey's Almonds
  13. Some sort of dinosaur (yet to be purchased)
  14. And day 14 would be a mega basket of movie-related things. I'd include a picture, but I haven't gotten around to assembling it yet.
The next step was to write the notes.


(This is the part where I apologize for how utterly horrible my camera is.)

Here are my awful love puns:
  1. Swedish Fish: You're the best fish in the sea
  2. Beef Jerkey: Ooh, your muscles are so beefy
  3. Pistachios: In a nutshell, you're my favorite
  4. Trail mix: You know the trail to my heart
  5. Chocolate pretzels: You twist my heart in knots (in a good way)
  6. Mexican soda: I soda like you.
  7. Cheesy Popcorn seasoning: We have cheesy good fun
  8. Mini deodorant: I can't wait to smell you later
  9. Reese's Pieces: I love you to pieces
  10. Gum: I'm stuck on you (other options were "you're extra special," for the gum brand of that name, or "thanks for chewsing me")
  11. Popcorn: I'm glad you popped the question
  12. Hershey's Almonds: I'm nuts about you
  13. Dinosaur: You're dino-mite
  14. And I'm still deciding if I want to put a pun on the basket.
And that was it. The next part was just to give him one a day until Valentine's Day.

(again with the awful camera)

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment