Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Introduction

Never did I think of myself as the blogging type of person. I probably wouldn't have done this if my Pinterest page hadn't started taking off. Yes, I don't have many Pinterest followers, but in the past month one pin alone has gained 140+ repins and counting. I figure if I can affect people like that with a simple picture of what seems to be a raspberry cinnamon roll, how much could I do with a blog?

Some of this will be profound. Some.... less so. I may post internet funnies, recipes, life updates, inspirational words or maybe even a fictional story or two, depending on what whim I choose to entertain. I am a random person about to create a random blog and the possibilities are endless.

As far as personal introductions are concerned, I just finished my second year at the University of Arizona and have just three semesters left before I graduate in Creative Writing. Yes, Creative Writing. It seems like a useless major and a cop out in life, but we CWs have a lot more influence than one might think. With college more than halfway over, big decisions are in store for me and it's scary to think that I'll be starting a whole new life by the end of next year, but it's an exciting notion all the same.

My favorite author of all time is Edgar Rice Burroughs, who had a stroke of genius and wrote a book called "Tarzan of the Apes", which led to at least 24 sequels and a well-known Disney movie. Of the Tarzan series my favorite book would be "Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar" because Tarzan gets amnesia and forgets most everything about himself, which leads to an intense plot of daring adventure and a search for identity. Someday I will own every one of his books from "The Princess of Mars" (another amazing one) to "The Land that Time Forgot", but until that point I'll be haunting the old books sections of any book store and thrift shop I can find.

Some may wonder why I like him so much. I'll just have to plead the fifth on that one and have people read his books for themselves. I will say, however, that he takes the same characters (a tall, muscular man of honor and a beautiful woman who is all loveliness and gentility) and puts them into most every novel and gets a new story every time. (See Tarzan, The Princess of Mars, The Lost Continent, The Monster Men, The Mad King, etc. for examples.)

While on the subject of books I'll just take a moment to say that I'm a big fan of the classics and have only just finished reading "Dracula". (After many reading excursions into the wee hours of the morning, I might add) It's one of those stories that once you get into it you can't put it down until you finish it, but some people might be put off by the type of language used and the fact that the story is told through a bunch of journal entries.

To end this very first ramble of mine I'll share the link to the recipe that started this all for anyone curious to know what it is. It looks rather tasty, though I haven't tried it quite yet owing to being busy with school and work. Who knows? Maybe it'll rank up there with my banana bread (which will eventually find its way on here).






No comments:

Post a Comment